OT: Learning to Spell (HIPPA)

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Wed Feb 9 19:17:08 MST 2011

HIPPA mostly deals with protecting you against accidental or malicious
disclosure of your private data. It can not protect you against idiots with
access. That is for individual people to do. We are more sensitive to these
violations then most people but you would be surprised at the number of
people in our industry who actually WILL read your email. <I used to work
with one>

On that note I am very curious to see how this group, one who is highly
concerned with privacy, would answer an interview question I used to give
jr. desktop support people.

"You were assigned to install Office on a managers computer. During the
course of this you discover a folder containing what looks suspiciously like
child pornography. What do you do and why?"