Dist-hopping experimentation time!

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Feb 7 15:43:17 MST 2011

Sorry for such a late reply here but I'm catching up on this list.  I
personally like Arch Linux.  It is very current because of the rolling
update concept and dispite this concept, the system is much more
stable than Debian Unstable for example.  It kinda reminds me of
Slackware with the need for tweeking the main rc.conf file to turn on
selected services but the package build process and dependency
tracking is far superior to Slackware.  I love the PKGBUILD scripts
used to build Arch Linux packages.  They are easy to clone and use for
new applications that aren't already in place.  I believe the config
files are more the BSD style as I understand it.