OSS Accounting Advice

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Wed Feb 2 22:11:31 MST 2011

I will second PostBooks by xTupple. We even have an accounting firm in the
valey that is already familiar with it, but I can not recall the name - Hans
would know. It is full multi user, windows, linux, etc.and you have full
access to the back end data. It is more geared to a traditional sales /
service operation then a pure service operation but I liked it. For what it
is worth I do have a degree in accounting ;)

When I looked into it things like FreshBooks and MoneyDance did not even hit
my radar. If they are free and open then I will certainly give them a look.

But give postbooks a look - they are a darn good system - at least as far as
an accountant is concerned. And if you grow big enough they have full
commercial support at well.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/postbooks/
http://www.xtuple.com/