no admin privileges for ubuntu 11.10

Ariel Gold arielqgold at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 14:59:12 MST 2011

sorry, didn't read your whole post. but i recently used these instructions
to reset a root password.
http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-reset-a-forgotten-root-password-with-knoppix
I booted from an Ubuntu cd instead of a Knoppix one...  (make sure you read
the second page of that article, that's where the meat of it is)