training

Ben Browning benb at bensbrowning.com
Mon Dec 19 00:07:14 MST 2011

On Sun, Dec 18, 2011 at 11:46 PM, Michael Havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But Ben.... that is what I'm looking for: some direction on what I should do
> and for some resources I could use. Like I would like to know what you guys
> recomend I should do.Should I try to learn C first or another.

If you want to "be a programmer" and learn lots of languages, learning
C first will make everything else easier. That's my understanding
anyway, I don't know C. The choice of language would change based on
your goals if they are less general (and less involved) than that, but
most of them are interpreted languages instead of compiled ones.
Depending on what you want to do, perl, python, php, java, or ruby
could all be valid choices, as could a handful of others.

~Ben