remotely controlling your computer

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 01:24:36 MST 2011

well, I was given a webpage and so I went there. there was a bebian
download page and I went there. There was a deb file for download so I did
that. I didn't think of trying apt. I just tried it and it is not in my
repositories. Hey look.... it is on sourceforge! OOPS! That's just the
source code. More google....

I found a page that said I had to enable the universe repositories but I
discovered they were already enabled (I found that page had to do with
Warty). Back to google.....

It is magical.... it lead me to
http://linuxappfinder.com/package/tightvncserver which did it. At least it
did it for the laptop. The ubuntu machine is taking forever with it's
'Ubuntu Software Center'!