x broke (was: computer broke?

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 09:27:13 MST 2011

I found that I need to add the line 'blacklist hp_wmi' to the file
/etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf . I then rebooted and now I have graphics
again! Yipee.
I think I also 'apt-get remove fglrx' because I installed it previously on
my system but it is not there now.
Aparently, from what I've been told, that also disables my wireless button
which turned itself off at one point. I've been told that to reactivate it
w/o reinstalling you need to boot windows and use the 'hp tools' that came
with the computer.

--