Need Help Printing Java Source Files in Color

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Thu Dec 8 08:39:33 MST 2011

I use 32bit Eclipse on an AMD64 Debian testing machine because Android
development requires 32 bit Eclipse. I am supposed to be able to print from
within Eclipse, but it does not work - it says it cannot find any printers.
This has been a long standing issue with Eclipse and GTK, and it was solved
a few versions ago. I have the 32bit gtk libraries installed, but it still
won't print. I have posted a question about this in the Eclipse forums.

There is also a way to print from within Eclipse using lpr from the command
line. However, I don't get the pretty colors that make reading the source
code easier. My question: Is there some program that I can pipe the .java
text file through and then send it to lpr so it prints the "colorized"
source file (and perhaps add a footer with a date, file name, etc.)?
Something that knows how to intelligently add color to a Java (or XML, or
Python or ...) source file?

Thanks,

Mark