first tar file.

Ben Browning benb at bensbrowning.com
Sat Dec 3 20:32:36 MST 2011

You should reinstall the second kernel like you did the first... The method
you have used will not have modules and other things that you need.

-Ben

On Dec 3, 2011 6:48 PM, "Michael Havens" <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I made my first tar file just a few minutes ago! I wanted to put the new
kernel on the other machine too because from what I've read the 3.x.x
version of the kernel does all sorts of nice things. One of those nice
things is that it automatically defragments now. What other  nice things
have you discovered about it?

> Anyways, there i go off on another tangent....As I was saying, what I did
is combined the three files together (with another with instructions to
install it) with tar  and emailed it to myself with the command:

>      tar cjf 3.1.4.tar.zip *
>
> So let's open this up to discussion. If you don't think that was the best
way to do it let's hear some constructive criticism.