OT: SSD and EMP

Lyle Tuttle l.tuttle at cox.net
Thu Dec 1 18:24:29 MST 2011

Let's see...we magnetize a small chunk of material, then pass the
same "chunk" past a 'reading head', which one might visualize as a
small coil of wire...and as it passes past the 'magnet', a small
electric charge is generated in the coil of wire.....which is read as
a 1 or a 0 (it is, or it isn't)......

We reverse that procedure to 'write' to the assembly of 'chunks', ie,
hard drive or flash memory.........

So am EMF will wipe it all askew.....IMHO

lyle