Ubuntu Linux losing popularity fast. New Unity interface to blame? | Royal Pingdom

Technomage Hawke technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 15:38:43 MST 2011

I tried 11.10 on a default installation. the unity interface sux so bad that accessibility for it is a major lesson in futility. Opensuse isn't far behind it either. I fought all day with OpenSuse to no avail. no proper accessibility in gnome 3, kde is worthless and don't even ask about unity.

at least VINUX has it together. full accessibility on the desktop using orca or using a console (no X) and emacspeak.

frankly, I wish the other distress would get with the program. there are a lot of us blind folks that would like to use a computer, if only it didn't cost so much to make windows accessible.

-eric