linux ubuntu 10.04 disc

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at mesacc.edu
Sat Aug 27 09:16:19 MST 2011

On Sat, 2011-08-27 at 04:30 -0700, Scott M. Davis wrote:
> I originally was running Windows XP Prof but when it crashed I I did
> not have a restore disc. So I installed Linux Ubuntu 8.10.
>
> I received updates until I was up to version 10.04. Theen it quit
> working. So I re-installed version 8.10. Now I need a disc containing
> version 10.04
>
> I have a transportation problem and so have difficulty attending the
> meetings.
>
> I wonder whether someone cal snailmail a disc to me. I wwill reimburse
> for postage and handling.
>
> Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated.
>
> --
> Scott M. Davis, M.EP
> 2141 East University Drive #12
> Tempe, Arizona 85281
> USA
> 480 / 532 - 3718

Scott,

Can you bring a laptop to a local coffee shop and download the ISO
there? The Ubuntu LiveCD is not very big (700MB) and I've found at my
local coffee shop at Southern and McClintock the download takes only
about 7 minutes using BitTorrent. I've even done a network install at
the coffee shop.

Once you have the ISO you can burn it to disc or create a LiveUSB to
install from. If you need help with these options just post to the list.

Be sure to check that your hardware supports installing from the LiveCD.
If it's an older machine and low on RAM download the alternate CD.

Dennis Kibbe

--
Adjunct Faculty
Linux Operating System and System Administration