Linux on a T520

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at mesacc.edu
Fri Aug 26 10:48:53 MST 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 10:18 -0700, KevinO wrote:
> On 08/26/2011 10:16 AM, KevinO wrote:
> > I went ahead and bought it directly from Lenovo, configured as above except with
> > Win 7 Pro pre-installed, for $1300. I got a little over $100 extra off because of
> > the educational discount.
> >
> Oops, I left out one of the discounts. I actually got it for $1174.
> :-D

Looks like a nice catch Kevin!

One of your other post suggested you might be thinking of swapping out
the wifi card. Be aware that the ThinkPad BIOS blacklists some cards
preventing you from using them. As an alternative check rokland.com for
a USB wifi stick that works with most Linux distros. Handy to have
around.

Dennis

--
Adjunct Faculty
Linux Operating System and System Administration