Linux on a T520

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Fri Aug 26 07:11:46 MST 2011

Check out thinkwiki:  http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

Dell is usually about the best for linux compatibility, but ibm's tend
to be good, at least before lenovo borg'd them....

Problem is typically with laptops quirky bios/acpi functions that don't
allow it to sleep, hibernate, or shutdown right.  Just google around
seeing if anyone else has issues, otherwise game on.

I bought a new hp elitebook recently as I needed some beefy proc and ram
for vm's (can do 16g w/4 dimm slots), but it's horrible bios and
firmwares do not allow sleeping or anything right, even shutdown half
the time.  HP still takes the approach "no one uses linux so screw it".
  They're fat and happy collecting microsoft taxes - never again will I
buy from them.

-mb