Firefox woes

azlobo73 azlobo73 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:18:20 MST 2011

Firefox 6, and their new version (or lack thereof) model is just broken.  It
isn't working right with Quicktime plugin, has various rendering issues and
is getting dropped from e-learning systems all over the place (as is in some
cases v5, though with the auto-upgrade 'feature' its not really that
'important' to list v5 anymore).  The only worse thing Firefox can do now is
drop 3.6.x updates, which is basically the only version of FF you can still
get that will work consistently with ours and others' elerning systems
(which Murphy's law would dictate given their latest management calls will
be forthcoming..).  We used to love FF and recommend it first among all
others to students, but now days we have to recommend Safari or Chrome, or
even (depressingly) IE9.

Bah humbug..

Ben

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 8:28 AM, mz <mz at infomagic.net> wrote:

> I'm having trouble viewing embedded flash videos in Firefox 6.0 and could
> use
> some advice.
>
> I've got a dozen extensions for FF, including NoScript 2.1.2.7rc2,
> Flashblock
> 1.5.15.1, Adblock Plus 1.3.9, Ghostery 2.5.3, and others. I'm also using
> Shockwave Flash 10.3 as the plugin to view flash videos.
>
> After allowing the appropriate java scripts and clicking the Flashblock
> play,
> everything seemed to come up fine to play the video. When the play button
> for
> the video is clicked, it changes to the pause button, but the video does
> not
> download. Reloading the page without the browser cache makes no difference.
> However if the "Pop Up Player" button is clicked, a second FF window is
> opened, and everything works fine.
>
> I don't think it should matter, but I'm using openSUSE 11.3 w/ KDE 4.4.4
>
> Any suggestions about what might be preventing the video from playing in
> the
> original page or what to look at?
>
> TIA,
> Mark Z.

---
Ben

python -c "exec(\"import math\\nprint ''.join(map(lambda x: chr(x), (
(ord('a')-(3*5)), int(math.sqrt(math.pi*76)*5+2), int(math.ceil(math.e)*28),
int(math.floor(math.e)*35), long(abs(4%3*35+3)*2))))\")"**