Python & WinRM

Kevin Fries kfries6 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:36:25 MST 2011

I wrote this simple script to execute powershell scripts on our windows
servers from my Linux box.  I am trying to learn Python better, but have
been unable to figure out how to re-write this script in Python.

   - ostruct can easily be replaced with a dictionary... its not as
elegant, but functional enough

   - optparse is also implemented in Python, so that will be no big deal.

The big stumbling block is WinRM

I do not, nor is it an option to install openwsman on the Linux boxes.
I am trying to bring our Windows boxes under the same level of
management as our Linux boxes, and the management servers are Linux.  So
the solution needs to be Linux.

This is more of a learning exercise than anything else, so the most
elegant solution is not being asked for.  I just don't know how to
implement the functionality I am getting out of the WinRM gem in Ruby.

Pointers????

Thanks
Kevin Fries