This worked Friday

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 09:52:53 MST 2011

I am sitting at the same machine I was at Friday when I did and ssh -X
fogtest and usd gedit to edit these same files on that machine.  Here is
what happened today (or most of it before it seemed to be looping and I
ctrl-C's out.  Any ideas why it worked two days ago and earlier, but not
now?

larry at triggerfish:~$ ssh -X fogtest
Linux fogtest 2.6.32-33-generic-pae #72-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jul 29 22:06:29 UTC
2011 i686 GNU/Linux
Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS

Welcome to Ubuntu!
 * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/

Last login: Sun Aug 21 09:26:28 2011 from triggerfish
larry at fogtest:~$ cd /tftpboot/howtogeek/menus/
larry at fogtest:/tftpboot/howtogeek/menus$ gksu gedit linux.cfg
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale
NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to
connect to socket /tmp/dbus-sHNvbSgsiU: Connection refused)
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale
NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to
connect to socket /tmp/dbus-pavx6iF905: Connection refused)
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale
NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to
connect to socket /tmp/dbus-CNddZFneJ7: Connection refused)
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes
are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale
NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for
information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to
connect to socket /tmp/dbus-0lSHvTkIZ9: Connection refused)

(gksu:10992): GConf-CRITICAL **: gconf_value_free: assertion `value != NULL'
failed

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson