Thinking about a new low-power, cool-running cpu.

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Wed Aug 17 19:21:36 MST 2011

Some time ago, I bought a Lenovo "net-top" computer because of its
advertised low-power consumption and relatively cool running claims, but
for several reasons I have not yet installed a Linux system on it -- one
reason being that it doesn't have a DVD drive.

So, I don't know whether to purchase an external DVD drive or perhaps look
for another alternative.

I use my computers exclusively for work and do not play games, so I don't
have huge memory or "horse-power" requirements.

What would you recommend?

Are laptops (hooked up to external keyboard and monitor) suitable to use
as a "main" system or are "desktop" boxes still the best choice?