Setting Up Bind9 Test

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Sun Aug 14 16:48:57 MST 2011

Make sure you're listening on the right interface (not just 127.0.0.1)
and you allow-query any as well as recursion.

options {
	directory "/var/cache/bind";
	pid-file "/var/run/bind/run/named.pid";
	statistics-file "/var/run/named.stats";
	auth-nxdomain no;    # conform to RFC1035
	// listen-on-v6 { any; };
	listen-on port 53 { any; };
	allow-recursion { 10.0.0.0/8; };
	allow-query { any; };