I've got a VPS, now what M's should I RTF?

Bryan O'Neal Bryan.ONeal at TheONealAndAssociates.com
Mon Aug 8 21:38:56 MST 2011

If you fear being locked out you can also put iptables on time lock so that
for a short period of time every day you can have cron run a script that
alters and restarts iptables. During that window you can set it to say,
allow login from any ip. You still need a working account (I assume you
disabled root login in sshd) and password so it is still secure during that
window but allows you to log in if your IP changes.