fun read: B&N responds to m$ suit

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Thu Apr 28 14:01:28 MST 2011

JD Austin <jd at twingeckos.com> wrote:
> Adam McCullough <ajmccul1 at asu.edu> wrote:
>> SO want to buy a nook now. Gotta love B&N. :-D
> I have one.. Cyanogenmod 7 makes it just about perfect :) Their
> latest update turns the stock one into a regular android pad I hear.

I don't really want a Nook, but this story makes me want to go buy some paper
books from B&N.  And tell the cashier why I was buying from there.[0]  If
consumers should punish large orgs when their management does bad things, then
consumers should *reward* large orgs when their management does good things.
Or something.  The only thing they usually pay attention to is how much money
they're making.

The Reg is a bit less rah-rah about this suit, though:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/04/27/barnes_and_noble_response_to_microsoft_suit/

[0] "You can get anythin' you want, at Alice's Restaurant...."

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows