Sony Pulls Ability to Install Linux == Targeted By Anonymous && PSN Crashed, 1 Week Later Yesterday Announces User Data Breech

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Apr 27 15:52:43 MST 2011

Hey Blake,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 2:09 PM, blake gonterman <gnunixguy1 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I had my credit card and several other pieces of information on my account.
> A bit peeved that they waited a week to let us know. All my friends have
> been complaining that PSN is down. The whole thing stinks to high heaven if
> you ask me.

Well, from the time Sony criminalized the original jailbreaking kid who
simply wanted to load up linux on his PlayStation, without also minding
their technical and security pee's && cues, it's been laughable.

Aren't they required as part of PCI Compliance to maintain security?
Any one of MANY of the Anon members have access to thousands of nodes to DoS
from.

But I feel for you --- not that anyone is expected to really do anything
with your data.

I also really doubt that Sony has logs of what was taken, just proof that
they accessed the servers upon which that data is warehoused.