ubuntu live cd requested

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Tue Apr 26 08:29:15 MST 2011

On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 8:10 AM, Josh W. Spencer <josh.w.spencer at cox.net>wrote:

> I downloaded ubuntu 10.04 LTS and am fixin' to burn it to a CD. Once I get
> my new desktop iMac I'd like to install it on a partition as a dual-boot.
>
> --
> Josh

Install 10.10, since it provides trivial Dual Boot/SideXSide installation .

The best way to obtain any LiveCD is to download the ISO and burn to a DVD.
If you don't have a burner or internet, ask on the list and someone will
provide it.

> On Apr 26, 2011, at 07:53 AM, Donn wrote:
>
> Any particular version?
>
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 7:48 AM, Tim Miller <tim.miller at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi PLUG,
>> My parents live in Chandler and tried to upgrade their ubuntu from 8.04 to
>> a current version, and ran into some error where it won't reboot.  I've
>> found some help on the ubuntu forums and think I can help them fix it, but
>> they need a live CD so they can boot up and mount their filesystems to edit
>> config files.  I could mail a CD to them (from Milwaukee) but then they
>> would be without their main computer for several days.  Is there anyone in
>> the Chandler area with a CD that they could loan to my parents?  It would be
>> much appreciated.
>> Thanks, and I apologize if this is not the correct mailing list.
>> Tim Miller

> Donn
> There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
> -- Dave Barry

(503) 754-4452 iPhone
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice

 http://www.it-clowns.com

"It took me many years but I have gained access to the root account and have
removed the user God."   -Saros