Lighttpd and phpmyadmin 404 not found

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Apr 22 11:09:07 MST 2011

From: leegold at speedymail.org
> Every time I try to access localhost/phpmyadmin or
> localhost/phpmyadmin/index.php I get a 404 - Not Found. But,
> http://localhost/testphp.php works OK.

> # Debian lighttpd configuration file
> server.modules = (
>             "mod_alias",
[snip]
> alias.url = ( "/phpmyadmin/” => “/usr/share/phpmyadmin/")

http://redmine.lighttpd.net/wiki/lighttpd/Docs:ModAlias says:

Important note:  As trailing slashes are stripped from the url before matching
an alias, the alias "/content/ => "/dirtocontent/" will not match the url
"/content/"; it matches only something like "/content/somefile" or
"/content/somesubdir/".

So in most cases you shouldn't use a trailing slash on the left side (but use
it on the right side!): "/content" => "/dirtocontent/"

So try that first?  Also, grep through the error logs and see what's going on
there that might be relevant to the alias thing.  I'd guess that there might
be something like "404 /phpmyadminindex.php" in the file somewhere, but ICBW.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows