Rsync, from an alternate perspective

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:05:02 MST 2011

I figured out my error. for those who might want to bring rysnc over
to their windows boxes...

C:\opt\rsyncd\rsync.exe -uav "/cygdrive/c/docume~1/user"
"/cygdrive/e/filesync/backup" >>/cygdrive/e/rsync.log

thats the command i was using that now works, what i missed is that
you need to instead of use e:\ you need to do /cygdrive/e

The binary i was useing

http://sourceforge.net/projects/backuppc/files/cygwin-rsyncd/2.6.8_0/

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:42 PM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to get a workable backup strategy on my work laptop.
>
> per policy i am stuck with a windows XP machine for now. so far all
> backup solutions have sucked.
>
> i was fooling about with cygwin complied rsync.
>
> I like rsync. its cool its sexy its lite. however the cygwin compiled
> version doesn't seem to like local -> local at all well.
>
> Just fro a sanity check if possible what would be an example  of local
> -> local rsync parameters?
>
> i feel like i am either missing something huge and beating my head
> against the wrong wall or i jsut have lost a useful portion of my grey
> matter.

> Stephen

Stephen