OT: Alternate Work for Linux Admins

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Apr 16 07:18:13 MST 2011

While being flagrant sexual harassment, this scammy exploitive opportunity
resembles all currently available Linux gigs; don't you think?

0) Not too much different from all the regular:

i. work from home
ii. internet startup
iii. failing corporations [that once were internet startups] offering "full
time" "permanent"  work

that is always:

a. 80 hours a week
b. crisis junkie [bandaid management] "just hack it for now; don't fix it or
document it"
c. ONLY TEMPORARY no matter what they promise you
d. with servers that are

      # Unbootable  [example:  network connections for the MANY Apache
virtuals command line entered rather than added to /etc/network/interfaces]
      # hacked by disgruntled past employees who are all still on the
systems
      # unpatched with sources that are no longer supported
      # considered too "complex" to be moved out of the load balancer and
rebuilt due to uptime fears

e.  With networks OSI security so badly engineered and maintained it equates
to criminality

1) Corporate Contracts

      i. Wellsfargo
      ii.  Apollo Group
      ii.  Intel Green Badge
      iii.  IBM field "engineer"
      iv.  GoDaddy "FULL-TIME" opportunity
      v.   Some Hotel Management or Back-end Rewards Program

that is always

     a.  80 hours a week
     b.  Includes lack of direction or ownership
     c.  Requires active aggression and competition from full time staff
(equated to at least 1/2 of the work time)
     d.  Is defined by some level of ticket hockey [remember the object of
this game is to keep the puck (ticket) in motion]

and is always

     #   IS only short term or TEMPORARY in duration no matter what they
promise you
     #   equates to a poor career move courting only more of the same on
your resume
     #   provides for no actual engineering or decision making
     #   predominantly serves to provide an endless number of midlevel
managers new ideas they can steal
     #   hiding OSI network security criminality

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 1:43 AM, Stephen <cryptworks at gmail.com> wrote:

> O like the "looking onto the adult industry" so neatly tucked in.
> On Apr 15, 2011 5:35 PM, "Lisa Kachold" <lisakachold at obnosis.com> wrote:
> > Found the following on PHX CL:
> >
> > http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/tfr/2327662880.html
> >
> > --
> > (503) 754-4452 iPhone
> > (623) 239-3392 Skype
> > (623) 688-3392 Google Voice
> >
> > http://www.it-clowns.com
> >
> > "It took me many years but I have gained access to the root account and
> have
> > removed the user God." -Saros

(503) 754-4452 iPhone
(623) 239-3392 Skype