Remote desktop support, Bomgar alternative?

Ariel Gold arielqgold at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 10:55:19 MST 2011

So the other day I was in a Windows VM making sure a local non-profit's
email got past Outlook's spam filtters, and was having problems connecting
to the Exchange server. Anyways, someone provided me remote desktop support,
and all I needed to do was point my web browser to the address he told me
over the phone, authorize access, and the person was on my desktop. It took
like 10 seconds.

It turns out they were using Bomgar, which apparently works to provide
support from a Linux environment to Mac, Windows, and Linux. I sent an email
to them and they said the appliance covers 2 licenses and is $4,000. I
really liked the no-hassle way to provide remote desktop support, but $4,000
is too steep for me. Anyone know of a good, no-hassle alternative?