Looking for October presenters for PLUGdev

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Sep 29 14:42:26 MST 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Mike Hoy <mhoy06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> or I could possibly do one on chrome extensions if there is interest.

Mike, just do what u love and others will follow.

I am sure you will do a great job!

> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Mike Hoy <mhoy06 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> how about something related to vim? geared more towards the beginner user.

>>> motivation
>>> what
>>> need

>>> with
>>> those

>>> doesn't
>>> even

>>> minimum

>>> people
>>> participation
>>> everything

>>> audience
>>> but

>>> what hans said +1
>>>
>>> What areas are you interested in?
>>>
>>> For example, I have been looking into the new system initiation
>>> process that in Fedora will likely replace sysVinit and Upstart pretty
>>> soon*. If people are interested, I can make a presentation that I
>>> think would make a good introduction, but I'm no kernel hacker so I'll
>>> be on a bit of a learning curve myself. As many can attest, a not all
>>> that unfamiliar location...  PLUGdev presentations are typically
>>> informal, a relaxed chat if you wish. with pictures. and a topic.
>>> Sometimes canned goods too - if we're lucky. From a developers
>>> perspective, this presentation will be useful for those setting up
>>> daemons, among other things too.
>>>
>>> It all comes down to what you are experienced with, and what you are
>>> interested in - make a list & volunteer!
>>>
>>> Ed
>>>
>>> *sooner than it should, but then that's Fedora for ya.
>>>

>> --
>> Mike Hoy
>>

> --
> Mike Hoy

Phoenix Linux Security Team <http://plug.phoenix.az.us/gangplank>
Saturday October 02, 2010, 12:00PM - 15:00PM
October Hackfest<http://events.linkedin.com/Phoenix-Linux-Users-Group-Security-Team/pub/425387>@
Gangplank
Chandler<http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=8705411617655272523&q=map+gangplankhq.com+Chandler&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=CnCXTIi5E4j4tQO47PHcBg>
CTF FLAG#1(of 5) =  Guest Harold Wong
http://blogs.technet.com/b/haroldwong/from Microsoft
*"Great things are not done by impulse but a series of small things brought
together." -Van Gogh*