Need a mail app for LARGE volumes of mail...

Jim March 1.jim.march at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 20:15:15 MST 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 8:04 PM, Alan Dayley <adayley at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't have an answer to your main question, just questions.  In your
> original post you stated:
>
> "And it has to allow streaming it all in continuously.  We're talking
> about almost 6gig."
>
> These requirements are not clear to me.

Ah.  Yeah.  My bad.

OK, I have nearly six gigs in Gmail right now.  There's gotta
be...heck, I dunno, 30,000 messages in my inbox alone.  Thousands in
"sent".  God ONLY knows what's in the spam trap.

:)

I'm going to take an empty local EMail client, point it at that
beeyatch and say "open up and say aaaahhhh" one evening with the
laptop on a fast pipe, and go to bed.

When I wake up, I want that stuff held locally.

If I have to restart the download every 700 or 900 or whatever
messages, it'll take frackin' forever.  I need it to suck that stuff
down unattended.  And I'll make sure I have enough local disk space to
eat it all.

Once it's synced the first time, then it's pretty easy to keep up.
It's gonna be that first download that will be a complete and utter
PITA.

:)

Jim