going M$ free

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Sep 16 20:15:06 MST 2010

Hi!

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:33 AM, Technomage_Hawke <
technomage.hawke at gmail.com> wrote:

> I quit using  M$ after my eyes became unusable for even large print. I
> Haven't tried NVDA (an open source speech synth for windows) yet. However
> that doesn't matter now as I use a mac with voiceover. I spent just under
> $400 for a used Imac intel machine and purchased snow leopard for $29.00
> from amazon and have had accessibility ever since with no special setup or
> spending nearly $2,000 for JFW (software and card and training).
>
> So far, mac has been a lifesaver for me. I can read the mails from Plug,
> browse web sites and generally do all I could do before (except play video
> games).
>
> I wanted to setup Adrian knoppix under virtual-box but had a snag. The live
> cd would work fine but the install would crash almost as soon as the kernel
>  was done loading. If I can't configure it there and be able to configure
> end to end, then I won't be able to do the same on my currently inaccessible
> powerbook g3.
>
> Does anyone have any alternative suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a8XaJIdpQ4  knoppix 6 on virtualbox

Knoppix Adrienne can be remastered for Live CD on a MAC Virtualbox.

A Virtualbox installation of knoppix 6.0, while difficult, can be done.
Follow up to determine the reason for the "crashing" and use the forums to
resolve your issue.  Believe me, it's probably you display or video
settings, and so easy and so worth it to get it going.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=virtualbox+on+a+mac+os+x+guest+os+knoppix+6&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=6f32b8af52b7e0b8

Convert an existing Knoppix 6.0 image (Vmware) to Virtualbox:
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/howto-convert-vmware-image-to-virtualbox-image.html
*
EMAIL YOUR EXACT ERROR CODE AND LOGS TO THIS LIST AND WE WILL HELP YOU!*

If you can't get it going that way, with our help using standard
troubleshooting process, go over to the installfest or come to my Gangplank
Hackfest lab on the first Saturday next month and I will stay late to help
you get it going?

--
Office: (602)239-3392
AT&T: (503)754-4452

“These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert, to fleece the
people”  --Abraham Lincoln