Are parallel pipes feed by one process possible ?

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Tue Sep 14 23:00:30 MST 2010

The following should work (probably there are other ways as well).
process1 | tee >(process2) | process3

This splits the output of process1 to a named pipe which process2 uses as input and the anonymous pipe into process3.
process2 is in a sub-shell, so it's run in parallel with process3, which is run in parallel with process1 and tee because pipes always run in parallel.