battery overcharging

Jason Holtzapple ml at bitflip.net
Mon Sep 13 06:53:20 MST 2010

On 09/12/2010 06:55 PM, Dazed_75 wrote:
> It really is best to regularly run on battery and not just run
> continusly on AC with the battery in.  My HP battery life is down to
> seconds because I did that.
>
> That said, I understand more modern systems have better charge control
> circuitry to reduce that effect.

I have an HP DV 6000 laptop from around 2007 and had issues with a
shorter battery life than was expected. When I contacted HP, their
official line for that model was to remove the battery when you are
plugged in to AC for 2 weeks or longer. I never saw this in the
documentation provided with the laptop. Perhaps they want to sell more
batteries.