going M$ free

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Sun Sep 12 22:26:39 MST 2010

I havent had a windows box in forever. I had to use a MAC for my Ipod (I
know ipod is the devil) but recently discovered Clementine so now I can add
music through gtk apps :). I cant think of one thing I miss, except maybe
photoshop. That said without getting in to fanboyisms of gimp vs photoshop,
gimp works great for most tasks.
--
James Finstrom
Rhino Equipment Corp.

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 10:09 PM, JD Austin <jd at twingeckos.com> wrote:

> I use a combination of RH13, Crossover Linux (I have v8... not sure if it's
> worth paying to upgrade o v9), and Virtualbox with XP installed (rarely
> needed).
>
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 21:25, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm really getting tired of these windows problems.  2 viri [spell] in
>> less than a year.  In about 2000 I went M$ free for about 8 months.  I tried
>> it again in 2007 for a month or two.
>>
>> The main issue I have is I am a LAMP dev and find it awkward to run IE in
>> wine.  I need IE to test how things look and work in IE.  The other issue I
>> had is I really like PSpad.  It is my favorite editor.
>>
>> I spend so much time in Linux anymore it almost makes sense to go M$ free.
>>
>> How do you check how sites resulve in IE if you run only linux?
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

James Finstrom
Rhino Equipment Corp.
http://rhinoequipment.com