OT: and not OT: Avira Rescue CD

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 20:09:17 MST 2010

That Avira rescue disk may help if you have a virus infection in the windows
system, but I do not believe it will do anything about a malware or rootkit
infection.  I have fixed a number of peop;es windows systwms using the free
software from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Bryan O'Neal <
Bryan.ONeal at theonealandassociates.com> wrote:

> You know my windows systems very rearly get infected. But I run free AV/AM
> software and use noscript and don't use adobe product save when absolutly
> required. That said the Avira Rescue CD sounds quite interesting - thanks
> for the heads up. Up till now I have been using UBCD4Win on friends / family
> computers. UBCD4Win offers more flexability but the Avira CD may be a nice
> silver bullit for many casses. And is a lot easier to create ;)
>
> http://www.free-av.com/en/products/12/avira_antivir_rescue_system.html
> http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
>
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 7:08 PM, keith smith <klsmith2020 at yahoo.com>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Life is interesting.  My XP box has been infected twice in less than a
>> year.
>>
>> Today I got a malware infection.
>>
>> I found what seems to be a solution to fixing my system - Avira Rescue CD.
>>
>> Anyone have any experience with Avira Rescue CD?  It supposedly is Linux
>> based.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson