error_log()

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Fri Sep 3 14:31:17 MST 2010

From: Tuna <tuna at supertunaman.com>
> On 09/03/2010 02:03 PM, keith smith wrote:
>> I am running Fedora 5 as a LAMP dev server.  In my PHP code I have a
>> line "error_log("test",0);"  so I can test the error_log() feature.
>> I've looked in /var/log/httpd both access and error logs and the line
>> "test" is not present.
> http://php.net/manual/en/function.error-log.php
> The comments allude to a file called "php-error.log", but it sounds like
> you can specify a file to log to as well.
>> Any idea what I might try?

Your php.ini should specify a setting called error_log ; errors logged by
error_log() should go to that file by default unless you tell error_log() to
log them somewhere else.  If error_log is blank or not present in php.ini ,
then the first thing I'd do is set it to something, then restart apache and
try again.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows