Motherboard died?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Sep 2 22:27:18 MST 2010

On 09/02/2010 10:18 PM, Joseph Sinclair wrote:
> You might also try plugging in a spare Hard Drive.  I had a similar problem a couple years ago with an old(er) Dell system and the MB simply refused to POST unless the Drive was functional;
> A drive swap ended up bringing it back (but not before I wasted a bunch of time trying everything else).

I've seen that as well, you might want to just try unplugging everything
except the power and see if it comes up.  If it does, plug stuff in one
at a time until it stops POSTing.

You might even want to go so far as to pull out ALL the ram and then see
if it even give you some error beeps.

It's probably a good bet that the motherboard is bad if you've done all
that and it still doesn't come up.

Brian Cluff