Motherboard died?

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Sep 2 18:46:24 MST 2010

It could still be your power supply.  Just because it turns on doesn't
mean that it's supplying the correct, or even all the different voltages
it needs to.

If you can put a spare power supply on it, or hook your current power
supply to a proper tester, that would at least eliminate that from the
possible problems.

The fact that the motherboard doesn't tell the power supply to turn on,
but the power supply can be turned on does kinda point to the motherboard.

You should, but not always, be getting at least some beeps if the
motherboard is good but RAM and/or CPU are a problem... Is your PC
speaker hooked up so that you can hear them?

Brian Cluff