Need Recommendation for web photo album software

Jason Holtzapple ml at bitflip.net
Sat Oct 23 14:32:12 MST 2010

On 10/23/2010 01:40 PM, Mark Phillips wrote:
> I am looking for a simple web photo album app with the following attributes:
>
> * Open source
> * Linux, Apache, Java or PHP or Python, or .......
> * File system/directory hierarchy
> * No database needed
> * Display thumbnails, click on thumb to see larger picture
> * Right click on image and download full size image
> * Users add comments and/or ratings
> * Clean user interface - no adds
> * Don't need a complicated admin page (probably don't need one at all!)
> command line OK
> * Rotate images (losslessly) for those pics that are sideways
> * Drop the pics in a directory and the app does all the work..(generate
> thumbs, etc)
> * Slide show mode
> * Search based on title or tags
>
> If you have used something like this, please let me know. There are so
> many out there I am getting swamped by the endless choices!

Several years ago I went looking for software with similar features and
started using phpalbum. http://www.phpalbum.net/

I think it does most of what you want except lossless rotation and slide
shows.

Interface is sparse and a bit clunky, but my family is able to use it
without problems. It also hasn't been updated in a while. If you
discover something better please tell the list.