going imap - and looking for a PPC linux image that will work on a G3 powerbook

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 07:23:06 MST 2010

Not sure how it will go for install bit gentoo has a massive application
repo and a solid pox build. And since they build from source its very cross
arch friendly.

I would also look at the recent Ubuntu as they might have some easy things
built
On Oct 22, 2010 11:33 PM, "Technomage Hawke" <technomage.hawke at gmail.com>
wrote:
> well,
> I finally got with the program and went imap on my mac. this means I don't
need to store any messages locally.it also means I can check my mail from
other locations using my powerbook.

> speaking of which, I may need some sighted help getting a workable image
for a talking linux on that machine. Adriane knoppix looks good, except all
my testing lead to crashes under a VM on the big mac.

> this could be a problem in virtualbox.
>
> also, I think I am going to take my old windows machine, and convert it
over to linux. I was waiting for Voc Rehab to get off their collective butts
and do something about getting me some adaptive technology. but it looks
like its going to take a while. besides adriane knoppix, any other good
talking linux distress anyone can think of? I keep getting too many useless
hits in google and its maddeningly slow using speech.