IPV6 Sixxs.net and Aiccu

gm5729 gm5729 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 12:22:39 MST 2010

"...circumvent normal socket functions..."

My understanding is that IPV6 has it's own tools, including IP6Tables.
Though I seem to have gotten IPTables to accept IPV6 as an open/closed port.
I'm doing the research on it personally. Right now I'm basically dual stack
(IPV4/IPV6) and my router is bearing the brunt of being the firewall and
gateway. NAT from what I learned this weekend some sites, mostly banking are
still requiring. Boiled down NAT is block everything coming in and watch you
let out. Some sites record me as running IPV4 and others pick up my IPV6
allocation. We shall see how this all comes out, but I'm liking it overall.
There are some sites out in the web, streams, tv shows, etc that only
broadcast on the IPV6 side.

gk