Removing socket 1156 stock cooler

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 11 15:19:44 MST 2010

I bought the parts to make a new Ubuntu system. Unfortunately, the new power supply was bad and I cooked my RAM, MB, i5 processor, and one other MB before I realized the PSU was the culprit. I need to send everything back to the PSU maker. I removed the 1156 cooler once and it was not a pleasant experience. Two of the push pins came right up but the other two would not and I had a nasty time getting it off. I searched vids and they said to use a screw driver but this didn't work. Anyone have a video or an idea of how to remove the fan without using force.