Why do my local network ip addresses keep changing?

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 13:56:48 MST 2010

I use to set a forever lease on my IPs in my router software. This worked well until I ended up with a power outage. All my IPs would lose their lease since my router isn't on a UPS. This didn't work well for my MythTV PC since it stopped working. I ended up setting up static IPs for my home PC and my MythTV PC. I still wanted DHCP since I connect with a laptop at times so I set my router to assign IPs above the two other PCs IPs.