ext drive as part of dual boot?

betty nicepenguin at webcanine.com
Sun Oct 3 12:26:43 MST 2010

my computer mobo died, but luckily since i have ubuntu :) i could buy
another computer and put my nice sata drive in it and start it right up.
the computer i bought (new) had come with windoze 7 on a 500gb drive. i
disconnected it.

- can i put the windoze 7 sata drive on an external enclosure and then,
boot the computer in ubuntu and access the external drive and boot the
windoze (so we can access the media center functions) ?

OR

-can i make a dual boot out of the windoze drive without destroying the
media functions, so that when i boot up, i can choose which to boot into?

i like the first choice because it seems easier, if less elegant. :)

thank you all for any help, remember i am the technically challenged
list member - keep it s simple as possible.

--
betty i.
www.webcanine.com