Why do my local network ip addresses keep changing?

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 17:07:13 MST 2010

you have two options either use static assignments in whatever you use
to assign DHCP so it will always give Mac address X Ip Y or to
configure your devices with static IP's

This is the nature of DHCP and it works they way by design.

3rd alternative is to set a DHCP lease so effing long that it
essentially never expires. but i am a larger fan of DHCP assignments.

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 5:04 PM,  <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> I have four computers on my local network, 3 of which access by wireless.
> While most will go along working fine for a while, occasionally the ip
> number changes on some of them.
>
> Why does that happen and is there any way to prevent that or to be able to
> reset the ip# back to what it was?

Stephen