Web site links [was Re: Looking for October presenters for PLUGdev]

Eric Shubert ejs at shubes.net
Fri Oct 1 08:51:15 MST 2010

Lyle Tuttle wrote:

 > Did you know you could now download books, etc from the library to
 > your computer - and have your own Kindle w/o extra money?
 >
 > Someone on this list mentioned that some time ago....it works!!
 >
 > lyle

Would someone care to put together a list (links) of relevant titles,
perhaps by library, for the web site? Perhaps there could be a Bookmarks
section there, with Books being the first subsection. Other links could
be useful too.

I have my Linux bookmarks (links) organized as such:
Applications
   Repositories
   Accounting
   Admin
   Audio
   Backup
   Burner
   Desktop
   Database
   Edit
   Embedded
   Engineering
   Fax
   Forensics
   Graphics
   Mail
   Map
   Message
   Network
   Office
     Conference
     Group
     Presentation
     Project
     Spreadsheet
     Suite
     Word Processing
   Photo
   PIM
   Print
   Scan
   Security
   Telephony
   Video
   Web
   Windows
   Utility
Community (groups)
Distributions
Documentation
Hardware
News
Penguins (individuals)
Programming
Reference
Security
Training

That might be a starting point. I'd be happy to work with a few folks
putting together the content.

If there was a "Bookmarks" section on the site, it'd be nice if the
content was also available for downloading in an html format that'd be
suitable for importing into Firefox (and perhaps other FOSS browsers).

Just a thought.

--
-Eric 'shubes'

--