drive performance

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Oct 1 01:32:14 MST 2010

Am 30. Sep, 2010 schwätzte Eric Shubert so:

> Which elevator is being used?
> (cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler)

noop anticipatory deadline [cfq]

> Using async i/o? Synchronous writes are very slow.

Hmm, not familiar with libaio. Looks like we have it installed.

> I presume ext3, since you referred to noatime. If you have directories with
> many files (e.g. Maildir), dir_index option can help.

Yeah, ext3. Mostly it's a few DB files and some log files. No mail
directories.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Practice socially conscious hedonism. Do whatever you want,
#  as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. - der.hans