Question about portable linux

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Nov 11 10:34:45 MST 2010

The way I understand the landscape, my solution would render wubi (which I
consider a necessary and sometimes convenient aberration) not only
unnecessary, but downright an inconvenient.

I use the real MBR to create a "fake" MBR in the "virtual" HD (which is not
virtual), that boots the VirtualBox machine off of the "bare metal"
partition.

As the VM boots, the partition will be unencrypted and available, just like
in "real life".

No wubi...   :)

I'll organize my "cookbook" later on (BEAUTIFUL day, gotta go flying!   :)
and publish it here.
Stay tuned...
ET