going imap - and looking for a PPC linux image that will work on a G3 powerbook

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Nov 11 08:22:30 MST 2010

I think the most accessible installs take advantage of Speakup and use
of the command line environment to get things going.  That's what I
like about Slackware, ArchLinux and Debian. I've used these three
distros at one time or another.  Now I'm using Arch.  as a further
point, all three of these distros I was able to install with *ANY*
sighted assistance.  I believe the same can be said for Fedora but I
have never personally tried that one.  For speech enabled Fedora, one
needs to use their custom boot disk from
http://www.speakupmodified.org
Bill Acker maintains it and he's a sharp guy; I've known him for
years.

Again I appologize for not knowing the fait of PPC support but the
above stuff applies for sure to Intel environments.