how to fix a persistent oo doc recovery warning?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:14:09 MST 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 10:21 AM, <joe at actionline.com> wrote:

> .
> Every time I start Open Office, I see the following:
>
> OpenOffice.org Document Recovery
> Press 'Start Recovery' to start the recovery process of the documents
> listed below.

Since the recovery fails anyway, don't click on the "Start Recovery"
button.  Click on "Cancel" instead and then confirm the cancellation.
OpenOffice should then clear the condition and the problem should go away.

> The 'Status' column shows whether the document could be recovered.
>
> I go through this procedure every time and every time it says
> 86C0F118d01 - Not recovered yet
>
> And every time it says "recovery failed"
>
> When I have searched for document 86C0F118d01 it the system reports that
> document is locked here:
>
> /home/joe/.mozilla/firefox/1x43npol.default/Cache/.~lock.86C0F118d01#
>
> And when I go to that location and list all files, this is what I see:
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 joe joe     4496 2010-11-03 18:07 blocklist.xml
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 joe joe        0 2010-11-04 09:36 .parentlock
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 joe joe       16 2010-11-04 09:36 lock -> 127.0.0.1:+20600
>
> What do I need to do to stop this from happening EVERY TIME I start Open
> Office?

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
  - Thomas Jefferson