which t-mobile android phone?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Mar 17 13:50:56 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-16 at 15:26 -0700, Alan Dayley wrote:
> I could be wrong or out of date with some of my information.
>
> Tethering is possible with
> http://www.junefabrics.com/android/index.php but requires a client on
> the computer and does not have a Linux client.  And is not Free.
>
> Check the article and comments at
> http://lifehacker.com/5447347/how-to-tether-your-android-phone for
> more tether information.
>
> That Verizon advertises tethering is a surprise to me.  Seems like
> T-Mobile better get on it!
>
> Two for one on the Nexus!  Wish I needed one!
----
well I have a Verizon/Motorola Android (never tried to root it) and I
would be interested in getting info on Verizon supported tethering which
I saw was announced for 1st quarter 2010 but I have yet to see anything
concrete. Apparently I am due an upgrade to 2.1 OS any day now which
appears to be worthwhile and I actually like the phone.

The junefabrics (PDANet) isn't useful to me because I would likely want
to use my Linux Netbook (Aspire One booted to Fedora, not Windows) but
wouldn't have enough usage to justify a large expenditure.

Craig

believed to be clean.